from ma'am pia

these are some quotes from "nakaduyan sa buwan: mga tula ng pag-ibig" -- a small, delicious and enchanting book my brother brought home from baguio several years ago. it was written by one of his college professors, pia arboloeda, and it contained poetry, short stories and photographs depicting the many ways we express and experience passion and love.

reading her takes me places unimaginable and yet at the same time, somewhere i seem to have already been before. it leads me into the peculiar but also reminds me of the familar. it's not too romantic nor mushy, but rather bittersweet and magical.

a good enough combination for me.

dust from
the lightbulb
turned into
golden ashes
as they fall on
your shoulders
-from "magic" by pia arboleda


in this world, i know,
there is
unending supply
of sorrow,
and the heart
could always
make room for more
-susan musgrave

-ooo-

you have gone
before my touch
could bask in the glow
of your cheek

before my dreams
could know the intimate details
of your pillow

before my tears
could offer garlands of love
upon yor feet

you left me with nothing
but a string of sleepless nights
i wish to turn
into a necklace for you.

No comments: