the one where things fall apart

things around me seem to be falling apart or get broken these days, or that they simply stop working. usually literally although sometimes also figuratively. so here's what happened:
  • the first thing to fall apart was my health. i have mentioned this in my previous post so i will not explain further. good thing i have been getting a lot of sleep lately so my health has improved a lot and the black spots in my legs are almost gone. according to my self-diagnosis, it is indeed anemia or low-blood (again, from lack of sleep and poor nutrition). now, im getting better and taking better care of myself.

  • next to fall apart was my cellphone. from my hand or the tray i was carrying, my cellphone slipped and dropped on the floor twice one Sunday night causing the housing (particularly, the covering for the screen) to break and well, fall apart. for a few days, i kept using my phone in that condition, until i was able to find a replacement for it. from metallic pink, my cellphone housing is now dark blue. by the way, cellphone housings cost P40 pesos in pateros. it's only P25 in guadalupe.

  • another thing that got broken lately was my cellphone charger. one of the two pins that you plug into the outlet fell apart. it's still broken up to now, and i haven't replaced it because i am still able to use the charger as long as i fasten that pin back in place before plugging it in. it works, pero hassle.

  • last wednesday afternoon, it flooded in my studio as the hose supplying water to my kitchen faucet fell apart. i don't know what i did or what i didn't do to cause that, but it was ugly. i hesitated to do anything at first until my carpet was beginning to get soaked. i couldn't easily put a basin or pail under my sink because there wasn't enough room for the pail and my basin had other things in it. when i saw that my carpet was getting wet, i started looked for other things i could use and remembered that i have plastic containers stacked on top of each other that temporarily serve as my drawers. i quickly removed the clothes from one of the containers then placed that under my sink to temporarily keep the water from flooding my entire house. water was coming out of the broken hose fast so i had to find another solution. i docked under the sink again to see if there was some way i could stop the water. vulca seal came into my mind, after all there was a hardware right outside our gate. after further inspection, i saw that there's a knob controlling the supply of water to the kitchen sink. nothing happened when i turned that knob to the right. since i was already getting dizzy (from all the docking and the stooping down), i stood up then sat and rested for a little bit. later on, i docked under the sink again then turned the same knob the other way around -- this time, the water stopped! thank God! so this means, ive managed to stop the water from flooding my house but i have also stopped water from coming into my kitchen. good thing i never really liked washing dishes so i can live through this easily until the plumber comes dropping by! dapat kahapon pa, but i waited for him in vain. hopefully within the week dumating na sya.

  • so after the kitchen sink disaster, the next thing to fall apart was my iPod earphones! it had been falling apart for quite sometime now, but i kept using it. one morning, i couldn't hear any sound at all. the next day, i visited the power mac center at greenbelt then bought new earphones. it was a sennheiser that had volume controls and a casing. the price was twice than what i thought it would be, pero so far, im happy :)

sennheiser mx500 - view this in amazon
my new earphones, only mine is white
  • the other night, sunday, i think, i got home and went into the bathroom. i clicked on the switch to turn on the light and nothing happened. i clicked again. nothing. thinking that the bulb could be busted, i replaced it with the lightbulb from the kitchen. getting the bulb from the kitchen ceiling was a difficult feat and i've managed to do that by standing on the back of the sofa and stretching one arm to the wall and another arm to the ceiling. im such a plastic woman! so after managing to replace the bulb in the bathroom with the bulb from the kitchen (which i know to be working), i clicked on the switch again and waited. clicked, then waited. still, nothing happened. oh well, i guess i would have to call the electrician soon. first the plumber. and now, the electrician. good thing, the house is still under warranty so everything that needs fixing will be fixed without any cost from me. but still...

  • ah! and then lastly, just this morning, as i was trying to boil water for my morning coffee -- i found out that my electric kettle was not working! after all the things that have been falling apart lately, im still actually shocked and disappointed to learn this. but i was no longer hesitant to do anything but instead, my instict told me to investigate! yeba! i had to see first if it was the kettle or related to the already-known-fact that there's a problem with electrical wiring in my house. i then tested to see if other appliances (electric stove in this case) would work if i plug them in the same socket i was plugging the kettle into. the stove did work so it must not be the socket. good thing! i plugged the kettle in a different socket and when that didn't work again, i had to hypothesize that the problem lies with the kettle! seeing that the kettle had an outlet converter attached to it, i removed the converter, plugged the electric fan into it then plugged it into an outlet. ayun, ayaw nga! i got a different converter, plugged the kettle into that new one and my kettle worked at last! things would have ended pretty nicely if i also had a 3-in-1 coffee with me, pero after boiling water, i discovered that i have also ran out of coffee! haha! sayang!

2 comments:

Gam Gem said...

"...And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing..."

You are just being moulded to be something more beautiful, sis. hang on! :)

gwenny14 said...

troubleshooting skills used at home. :)