At 31...

  • I am still learning how to trust completely, to wait patiently (it really isn't easy)
  • I am still paying for outstanding debt (I am very bad at this)
  • I am still learning how to love unconditionally, selflessly, completely
  • I still have not been to Europe, not even Singapore, still do not drive, still unmarried, and I barely have enough savings in the bank for purchasing anything that you can declare under the asset column (I think I am being taught how to be content)
  • I have been able to witness a miracle
  • I am still inlove with photography and daily falling more inlove with cooking (basil leaves, oyster sauce and those pork cubes are my new friends)
  • I still dream vivid dreams, watch a movie at least once a week (whether in my laptop or at the cinema)
  • I still suffer from TMJ
  • I still struggle in being on-time for appointments (but I keep trying)
  • I have been able to ride a horse (at least long enough to have my photo taken), wear an Igorot costume, try a new sport (no, not really)
  • I have learned to appreciate SharePoint
  • I still don't wear two-piece bikini (I have no idea what my waistline is anymore)
  • I feel grown-up (I'm pretty sure I look it, too)
  • I have learned to distinguish between the good, the acceptable and the perfect. I have learned to measure my life against these.
  • I am thankful that both my parents are still around to see me try, falter, strive, wait, fall, cry, laugh, cook, love, fly, run, come home, fail, hope and try some more.
  • I still expect a lot out of life, but I am content, grateful and happy just the way things are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

belated hbd! nice reflections

gezelle, love will never be perfect at an instant,
the process of getting there is as important.
you could just let love take its course :)

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing.