"Me as Carrie"

Snow White with her SATC Fairy God Mothers
From L-R: Snow White (Ech), Miranda (Zen), Charlotte (Car), Samantha (Marlin), and Carrie (Me).

This photo was taken from our Trumpets class showcase entitled "A Super Fairy Tale…Snow White and Beyond" held in Megamall Cinema 11 last May 27, 2005 in which I was casted as Carrie of Sex and the City. In the story, I was summoned by Snow White's sisters to do a make-over of their Ate Snow White who has become an old maid after refusing to marry his Prince Charming. The play was directed by our class head teacher, Ms. Sweet Plantado-Tiongson.

I just want to thank everyone who supported me while I was attending the two-month long workshop -- Anthony (for being very encouraging, understanding and caring althroughout), Marlin (for the merienda, the 'pautangs', and the cheering up!), all my classmates (you were all fabulous!), my mother (for waking up just to open the door and for encouraging me), my Ate Elaine (who watched the showcase and invited her friends pa and even took videos!), my senior team lead (Kit, who allowed me to leave earlier than usual so I can attend the rehearsals), and my RTS teammates (for all the well wishes...kahit hindi kayo nanuod, I know that your support was there). Thanks all -- this was truly a dream come true!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi der..just dropin by to say haloo...hope ur doin fine, despite of the peso dollar devaluation...the annoying political scandals and the very hectic schedules of yours...

Unknown said...

Hello Gezelle! Remember me? Cool naman at nakakasali ka pa rin sa mga plays at lumalabas ka pa pala sa Megamall!

I hope someday (when I'm in the Philippines), may show rin kayo at nang mapanuod ko naman yung dati classmate ko sa University. Hehe.

Anonymous said...

Dami na palang entries ng blog site mo gezelle.. hehehe.. tagal ko na ding hindi naka-visit d2 although nasa-Accenture pa ako nung nagkaroon kayo ng play ni Malrin... Hehehe... Showbiz na!

gezelle said...

misterclay, hindi mo na ba naabutan ang aming showcase? may bayad kaya di na kami masyada nagyaya... P150 per person... masaya sya and we were fabulous! kaw ba, kelan mo kami iimbitahan manood ng gigs nyo?