the hours

"I remember one morning getting up at dawn, there was such a sense of possibility. You know, that feeling? And I remember thinking to myself: So, this is the beginning of happiness. This is where it starts. And of course there will always be more. It never occurred to me it wasn't the beginning. It was happiness. It was the moment. Right then."

-from the movie, 'The Hours'

i never consider a day lost or wasted even when i feel lost myself or forgotten or trapped within my own fears or made humble or struggling or reminded of my own shortcomings and limitations... there will always be the minutes, and the hours when everything you had ever imagined to become or hoped for is right there in front of you. even in such circumstances, there are minutes when happinness is not something you have to decide on for yourself but is handed to you as a gift. there will always be those minutes, there will always be those hours.

No comments: