the one where i blog about movies

so i feel like blogging again but without anything to blog about. as ive mentioned in my previous post, whenever i would feel like this, ill try to post a "top 5 list". so here goes...

here's my top 5 list of movies i saw this year on DVD/VCD. they are not necessarily released this year, but this year was when i saw them. at home, on DVD/VCD. by myself mostly.

1. the holiday
2. sleeping dogs lie
3. stranger than fiction
4. miss potter
5. the painted veil

criteria for being on this list is the number of times i saw the movie again or portions of it. i think the first one on the list, i saw more than four times already. really good movie. and the rest at least twice. there is one i should put on this list as well, which is "under the tuscan sun", starring one of my favorite actresses, Diane Lane of "Jack" and "Must Love Dogs". saw this movie twice as well. however, the genre and theme for "tuscan" is very much similar to "the holiday" so i thought that putting "tuscan" on the list would make it a bit redundant and lacking in variety. i also have an "issue" with one of the scenes in the movie... where Diane Lane was dancing alone in her bedroom... it was a little over-acting. actually "the holiday" had a similar scene as well... also, a little OA.

in any case, that's it for now. let me know what you think of the list :)

1 comment:

ChampDog said...

Strangely, I have never heard of this 5 movies at all. Maybe I'm way too outdated. I think I will go for "Sleeping Dogs Lie" and "Must Love Dog" (Since I like dogs) when I have a chance to shop around in DVD shops.