Zapata's



It started out with my craving for some chicken quesadilla. Christine suggested we buy some pita bread and ingredients from the supermarket and prepare it ourselves but by the time we got off from work, it was already past 7pm. I was too hungry by then and suggested we go to this Mexican restaurant instead which I first read about from Kris Aquino's twitter account. Luckily, Sir Mark heard our conversation and immediately became interested in joining. The restaurant was just a few blocks away from the Korean town which was also just a few blocks away from our village so there was no problem finding it. Gladys, despite not feeling well that night, joined us also. What was supposed to be a dinner date between two friends became a dinner night out with all of us! Biglaang lakads are so much fun!


I was quite satisfied with their chicken quesadilla, by the way. The cheddar cheese they use i thought was delicious. Ate Elsa, who is the real foodie from the group, thought their ensalada could use a little bit of a certain ingredient the name of which I forgot but keep associating with Via Mare's bagnet ensalada. She says that she prefers the ensalada from El Pollo Loco which I remember to have that taste she was looking for. If I can just remember the name of that ingredient, this will be so much easier!

Anyway, everything that night to me seemed good. The place looks fun, the food tastes good. Perhaps an improvement can be made with presentation. I would have preferred separate plates for our soft taco and enchilada. No complains about the taste, as I have said, but it seems a little difficult for me to appreciate food when you see that the sauce for one is starting to slither into the other.

I don't know. I'm just being weird I guess :)

No comments: