the one with tony danza

Hold me closer tiny dancer
Count the headlights on the highway
Lay me down in sheets of linen
you had a busy day today
by elton john


this song has been playing in my head and my media player for two days now. heard it on FOX channel while watching "Friends". it was funny because Phoebe replaced "tiny dancer" with "tony danza" and was insisting that hers was the correct version :) i have been so addicted to this song kaya i managed to download the different remakes of it. so far i have the version from almost famous, the one by ben folds five and also the one by red hot chili peppers. all good. haven't downloaded the one by elton john though :) because of this song, i kept picturing myself dancing all night long and being lost in the music. kaya naman i was SO glad to be invited by a friend to go out with him and his friends tonight to this place called "howl at the moon", which has a live band (composed of 3 pianists, a drummer and a violinist) and a floor for dancing -- i got his call as i was writing this post! and you know what, the band played "tiny dancer" later on that night. haha! my friend and i was so happy and kept shouting "tony danza" rather than "tiny dancer" during chorus :)

last time i went out with friends to go dancing was mid-march at this place called Transit, i was lucky enough to be invited to layla's birthday celebration who offered to pay for our entrance and drinks. it was the first time i met layla who is lianne's friend and it was the first time i went clubbing in the US. clubbing. hope im using the right term :) we got there pretty early and left at almost 3am. sinulit talaga namin. hehe. here are some photos from that night:


me, lianne and amy


me, che, jaye, allan and ana at the dance floor

suddenly i am reminded of my closest friends from Manila, whom i had shared a room with in Makati for a year or so and whom i miss....i think they would be happy to go clubbing or dancing with me tonight if they can, just like what we had planned on doing several years back but never pushed through... sayang... maybe one day when i return, just let me know because that would really make me happy and im sure it would really be fabulous :)

No comments: