the one where i become the scriptwriter of my life

because i want to be reminded of the life that i want in order to stay committed and inspired and not easily discouraged when problems come my way, i have finally decided to follow what many success authors and financial mentors have advised us to do -- write down our dreams. the writing part was easy. it's the figuring out what you want that's harder. since the beginning of the year, i have prayed and asked God to reveal His dreams for me. i have hesitated and doubted and questioned my own dreams, wondering if they were truly coming from the heart and God-inspired or simply influenced by what i know others expect or want from me.

here's what i came up with... a few have been added or subtracted as i write them down but for the most part, they still reflect what i truly want for my life.

  1. i want to be beautiful and to be gracious.
  2. i want to love and obey God more and i want to serve Him through church ministries.
  3. i want to become a faithful giver and a humble servant.
  4. i want to teach more and to share more.
  5. i want a career and not just a job.
  6. i want a happy and healthy family.
  7. i want to study in school again.
  8. i want to have loving and meaningful friendships.
  9. i want to live long enough and spend Christmases with my grandchildren.
  10. i want my own internet cafe and study center near my alma mater.
  11. i want a recreational center that students or churches can go to for their retreats or summer camps.
  12. i want a house by the beach.
  13. i want a hotel/resort by the beach.
  14. i want a vacation farm or an estate in Tagaytay.
  15. i want a 2-BR condo in makati. somewhere near a starbucks coffee shop.
  16. i want real estate properties to rent or sell.
  17. i want an orchard. i want to hang swings by the orchard.
  18. i want a house with a porch and wooden floors.
  19. i want a music room in the house. and i want to learn to play the guitar and master at least three songs in my lifetime!
  20. i want a library and a collection of my favorite movies and books.
  21. i want a basement where i can create art and a rooftop where i can go star-gazing.
  22. i want a family coaster and i want to take my family and friends on trips with it.
  23. i want to be a really good photographer. i want people to be inspired with my photos and look forward to seeing more. i want to earn money from being a photographer.
  24. i want to go traveling around europe with my best friend during summer and visit venice, rome, paris and prague.
  25. i want to go on photography tours around the country and around asia and visit tibet, china and cambodia. i also want to go to egypt and jerusalem.
  26. i want a husband whom i can look up to and grow old happily with, and read books to me by the beach or before going to bed.
  27. i want a beautiful sunset wedding.
  28. i want to go on photo and hiking trips with my son and my husband.
  29. i want a daughter and i want to buy pink dresses and white shoes for her.
  30. i want a beautiful portrait of myself and my family.
  31. i want a sailboat and i want to learn how to sail.
  32. i want a car and an SUV and i want to learn how to drive.
  33. i want to spend wedding anniversarries on the sailboat.
  34. i want a female, brown dog whom i can go sailing with.
  35. i want to die peacefully. i want songs of praises and worship to be sang at my wake and funeral.
  36. i want a gallery of photos during my wake rather than a casket with a dead body. i want to be cremated and i want some of my ashes to be thrown at sea and some to be used as fertilizer for the orchard.
  37. i want a prosperous and blessed life and a life of favor from God.

No comments: