the true millionaire's prayer

for the next couple of days or weeks, i will write to you about money and share with you a few things i have read from the book, "8 secrets of the truly rich", written by bo sanchez, the best-selling author of "simplify and live the good life" and also publisher of six magazines and founder of several organizations one of which takes care of the abandoned elderly. i am currently in the process of eliminating the financial clutter in my life and hopefully start creating abundance. this year, my goal is to eliminate bad debts and start investing money where it could grow exponentially. i will tell you a story in later posts why these two are almost coming true for me already.

i plan to share financial principles i am learning along the way in the hope that you will also learn a thing or two and maybe consider applying them in your life as well. it would also be better if i can get your thoughts and additional inputs on the subject of money as well.

the reason why im concerning myself a lot about money these days is simply because i have lack of it :) according to bo, money isn't the most important thing in the world, but it affects every important thing in the world. i could not agree with him more.

last year, my lack of money affected almost everything i am concerned about. it affected my family because i am sharing less than i used to, it affected my hobby because i could not buy accessories for my digital camera or join out-of-town photography trips, it affected my ministry and spiritual life because there were times when i would choose to stay home on sundays instead of join the service to avoid spending money on food and transportation. and worse, because i lack enough money, i also had to decrease the percentage of my earnings that i set aside each month to give back to our church and to God's ministry. i also had to stop sending P450 each month to world vision to help a child with his education. this is very heart-breaking for me.

this year, i choose to break free from all this and commit myself to becoming rich.

i have not finished reading the book. i am only on Secret #5, but it has become a blessing and a source of encouragement for me, not only because i am learning a lot about financial management but more so because it creates a balance between creating material wealth and gaining spiritual abundance at the same time. here's a prayer from the book that i would like to share to everyone:


today, i ask You to bless me so that i may become a blessing.
Lord, I commit myself to enrich others.
But because I cannot give what I do not have,
I commit myself to become rich.
I commit myself to serve You and to serve the poor with my wealth.
Today, I open myself to the abundance of Your universe.
Use me as Your channel of love.
Give me the ability to create wealth that will bless the world.
Increase my financial wisdom and expand my territories.
I place my life in Your hands. Amen.

in my succeeding posts, i will tell you what financial mistakes i have committed in the past, and how i plan to correct them by applying the principles in bo's book.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to be rich too

Lorie said...

I hope we become richer this year. :)

ChampDog said...

It looks like everyone wants to become rich. :)