Footprints in the Snow

It was my first time today to walk on snow this thick. The snow was about half an inch to one inch thick maybe, although its most likely thicker during the night when it was really snowing. its definitely thicker in other places not readily accessible to passers by.

I didn't have an idea how it would be like to walk on snow...and I probably can not describe it close enough either. The snow we're having would be similar to finely crushed halo-halo ice but it is many times lighter when you weigh it yet many times colder when you touch it. Your skin will feel like burning just seconds after releasing a snowball from your hand. I can't describe talaga how walking in it would feel like... I guess it would be like walking on pure white sand along the wet portion of the shoreline but it's more pleasant because the sand doesn't stick and get heavy on your shoe. It just melts away :)

The footprints above were, from left, that of Arnold's, mine, and Ann's. These were made along North La Salle on our way to their apartment so we can give ourselves a break from the cold and allow our blood to thaw. We came out today to attend a church service and go window shopping. We didn't get anything except cold hands, face and feet. Plus lots of pictures of the snow, of course -- like the one below :)



Snowfall would be much, much thicker come January. I wouldn't be able to see that na kasi I'd be back in Manila by then. So, probably no snowmans for me while I'm here. Hehe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you're here in Chicago. To quote a cliche, "It's a small world"... LOL! I'm not sure if you remember me... Lilibeth told me you were here and I thought I'd drop you a line. Oh yeah, forgot to tell you who I am, Grace Fajardo (Battista) ring a bell? An old neighbor back in Jordan Heights Novaliches. Taga Econ sa UP, same school that you went to, but I don't think we ever saw each other there. LOL. Laki kasi ng campus.

Anyway, drop me a line if you want to meet up for coffee or a drink. My e-mail is mg_batt@yahoo.com. I don't want to post my telephone number in public kasi. And sorry if I'm posting anonymously, it's because I don't have a blogger account and am too lazy to get one. LOL.

I hope you are enjoying your stay in Chicago. If you live in the west side, are you close to Greektown? I work just around the west loop. Cheers.

gezelle said...

Hi Grace! Of course I remember you! I also remember that you play piano and you have this toy na gustong gusto ko in which we were trying to catch fishes with a fishing rod :) I think I saw you sa UP, in one of the jeepney rides... kaso since jeepney sya, hirap kang kausapin... what year did you graduate pala? and anong work mo here in chicago? at kelan ka pa dito?

I live in the downtown, dito sa north michigan. sandali na lang ako dito, e. 2 months lang. i arrived last october 22, then uwi ng dec21. im here for a temp work assignment.
i should really meet you while im here. well, im still here. want to meet up next week? :) kahit over coffee lang. my building in 180 north lasalle has starbucks.. :)

Bakit nga pala Battista? kamusta kina mama and papa mo ha. write me!! :) take care!