Book Tag

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don’t you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.
6. Tag three people.

This is from "Out of the Silent Planet," the first of the Ransom Trilogy by C.S. Lewis:

'He wants our race to last for always, I think, and he hopes they will leap from world to world...always going to a new sun or something like that.

Is he wounded in his brain?

I do not know. Perhaps I do not describe his thoughts right. He is more learned than I.
'

Thanks, Arnold for tagging me. I enjoyed this one. I was at the living room sitting on the carpet floor as usual when I learned about my being tagged. There were two books near me, but this is the one on top so I chose it. The other one is "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand.

I'm tagging Katz, Almin, and Cae :)

Have a good weekend!

-ooo-

Here's another quote from the same book and one which I would much rather share than the one above: 'A pleasure is full grown only when it is remembered. You are speaking, Hman, as if the pleasure were one thing and the memory another. It is all one thing. The seroni could say it better than I say it now. Not better than I could say it in a poem. What you call remembering is the last part of the pleasure, as the crah is the last part of the poem. When you and I met, the meeting was over very shortly, it was nothing. Now it is growing something as we remember it. But still we know very little about it. What it will be when I remember it as I lie down to die, what it makes in me all my days till then--that is the real meeting. The other is only the beginning of it. . . .'

There is beauty and wisdom in this space travel story so I hope you would be interested in reading it as well. Click here to learn more about it.

No comments: