teriyaki girl

last night, i was supposed to meet a friend who said he wanted to meet me before he leaves for a 3-month assignment to malaysia. minutes before our scheduled meeting time, he called me up and told me he needs to stay overtime and finish some work due the following day. so, upon learning about our canceled date, i immediately IM-ed one of my APC friends and invited her to go malling with me instead. she had a better idea and immediately called up a mutual friend and asked her if she could join us. what turned out to be a dinner date for two became an instant barkada gimik on a thursday night! im not sure who suggested it, pero we decided to have dinner at teriyaki boy in glorietta. i excitedly said yes sure because i not only love japanese food but i have very fond memories about my dining experiences at the said restaurant -- sarap kasi talaga ng food nila and not too pricey. definitely much better than tokyo, tokyo (although i love tokyo tokyo's pork tonkatsu and tonkatsu sauce). at teriyaki boy, kanin pa lang masarap na talaga! i particularly like their gyoza and syempre, their various teriyaki dishes. the best talaga! and what's even better, i get to have dinner with two of my good friends at APC that night :)

-ooo-

weeks before that thursday, i attended a Japanese cooking class offered free by the company. in that class, i learned how to cook and prepare tempura and tempura sauce as well as kani salad. they're really easy to make, once you have all the ingredients you need. i can't wait to try them out on my own.

No comments: