Unfold


words from the song "unfold" from the album of the same title. written and sang by marie digby, who started to catch people's attention when she published a youtube video of her playing an acoustic version of rihanna's "umbrella". i personally took notice of her when i saw this video of her singing her heart out to the song "say it again" which she also wrote. marie plays the piano and guitar and started composing songs in high school. she is half japanese, half irish. more about her in this wiki page.

i recommend you listen to her youtube channel once in a while or check out the album in record bars and decide if her music is for you. i thought it was good and worth having in your collection. other songs i liked are "miss invisible" and "stupid for you" which is one of the more upbeat songs in the album. as a bonus, her more well-known songs are available in both acoustic version and well, non-acoustic.

What I can remember
Is a lot like water
Trickling down a page
Of the most beautiful colors
I can't quite put my finger
Down on the moment
That I became like this...

You see I am the bravest girl
You will ever come to meet
Yet I shrink down to nothing
At the thought of someone
Really seeing me
I think my heart is wrapped around
And tangled up in winding weeds

"I live and breathe music. It is all that I do in life and all that I want to do for the rest of my life." -marie digby

No comments: